The Valenzano Family

The Valenzano Family

Friday, July 18, 2008

Long time!

OK so I know it has been a long time since I posted... shame on me. It has been very busy with birthdays and trips and work, so I plan to just do it bit by bit to catch up.So today I will update for the 12 month checkup which he had on his exact birthday - I can't believe he is a year!

Length 29 3/4 inch 50-75%

Weight 22 lbs. 3.2 oz. 25-50%

Head 47 cm. 50-75%

He did fine with his shots, actually was worse getting his ears checked than getting the shots. And then he slept through the night for about 2 weeks, but then a molar started to come in and that went bye bye in a major way!
We also got word that he is now off the waiting list for mothers morning out, so he will start in Sept. on Wed and Fri mornings from 9-12 at Dunwoody United Methodist, which is just a few minutes away from my office and between my office and grandma and granddad's house. He will probably be one of the oldest in his class as many of the schools around here cut off on year end instead of beginning, so the cutoffs are May 31 and his birthday is later, so he will be the big boy in school, which is fine with me. Not sure how he will like school to begin with, our child who had never met a stranger and had no clue what separation anxiety meant in his 1st year, has hit separation anxiety with a vengeance in month 13. Wed night Grandma and Grandad and Alex and I went to a buffet veggie place and we even set him up so he could see the buffet line, but if any of us got up to get food [note that the other 2 of us were still at the table with him]- he cried huge tears and full on red face, like we were all leaving him there. He even cried in the car this morning with me when we backed out and Carl went back in the house, he stops about 30 seconds later, but it is still funny.
I am going to try to add a link to my page to my friend Stephanie's photo website as she took the pictures for his birthdays and year pictures and they are AWESOME! When you get to the page look down the right and there are 3 in there Alex party with family, Alex party with friends and Carl Alicia and Alex that are all of us. If there is anyone in Atlanta looking for a photographer, Steph is great, and I am not just biased because she is my friend, check the pictures out for yourself and see!
There is so much to still talk about, 1st birthday parties [yes he had 2] - 1 year pictures - visit with Nono, Nana and Uncle David - first beach trip for the 4th and a visit to Knoxville - all of these I will post soon along with the June pictures.

No comments: